Reports to: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Works with: Injection Molding Team, Product Development Team, EH&S, Maintenance, Planning
Location: Esterline Connection Technologies: Sunbank, Paso Robles Ca.
Type: Full-time, Regular
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. Esterline Connection Technologies is a world leader in the harsh environment interconnect solutions market with a culture of operational excellence. We design, manufacture and market high performance and high reliability interconnect solutions for the aviation, defense, space, energy, and transportation markets.
As a member of our Manufacturing Engineering team, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership in the Injection Molding Department, to sustain and improve operations. You will execute and standardize processes for machine set-ups, tooling changeovers and other department processes. You will troubleshoot and solve problems impacting yields, capacity, quality, efficiency, delivery, environmental compliance, and safety. You will perform cost analysis, identify cost savings opportunities, and plan continuous improvement projects, as well as establish and maintain metrics and key performance indicators (KPI’s).
Injection Molding Process Engineer is a hands-on position that requires the successful candidate to build strong relationships throughout the manufacturing site.
- Monitor and analyze operating data from the manufacturing process using statistical tools, both proactively (statistical quality/process control) and reactively (troubleshooting)
- Injection Molding Process engineering includes tooling design, job tracking, fabrication and new process implementation
- Maintain process documentation, including process flow diagrams, operating instructions, DCN forms, etc.
- Exhibit a strong manufacturing ethic through coaching and engineered improvements
- Support equipment reliability programs and other plant wide initiatives
- Communicate closely and effectively with area operations personnel
- May require leadership of a project or program.
- Work under minimum supervision
- Prepare technical presentations – oral & written – technical papers, and test plans as required
- Responsible for the development and implementation of manufacturing process standards
Works closely in Injection Molding Department with operators, tool & die shop, management.
- Set-up, trouble shoot, and operate all machine tools and equipment in the injection molding department
- Perform set-ups that will assure the safety of the machine operator
- Understand the quality, inspection and company routing systems as described in the Sunbank QMS
- Program and adjust molding machine production parameters
- Interface with production control on work scheduling and purchasing material needs
- Ability to perform cavity and core changeovers
- Strong mechanical ability and hand tool skills
- Perform other assigned tasks as requested
Additional Skills (preferred)
- Plastic Injection set-up and molding experience
- Electronics or plastic training a plus
- Extrusion experience
- Lean Manufacturing
Education and Previous Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years’ technical experience
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to perform work in engineering and manufacturing environments
- Experience or training in project definition, design, process control, and statistics.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including formal presentations and technical papers.
- Ability to work effectively with peers.
- Advocate of standards and process improvement.
- Experience with Change and Problem Management.
- Methodical approach and able to work multiple projects or tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Must have good analytical abilities, be creative and take initiative
A demonstrated ability in the Esterline competencies required for all employees: customer focus, ethics & values, long-term problem solving, integrity & trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure, values diversity.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: